Shattered Essence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An roleplaying site dedicated to all kinds of rolepleplaying

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Between a rock and a hard place

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:05 pm

She took the hit and as he did lashed out so she would strike him a wound as well, since he was attacking her leaving himself open she would do the same. "The fool is the true wise one, there is nothing gained when you don't try." She said as she nearly fell down and managed to force herself to stand, and despite the injury she was not willing to back down.

Lunaria kept her field up until it was just them, then she made it vanish while sending several lances of light at him from all directions. They were attacks on the energy and not the body, though the risk they ran were causing injuries to the body that would prove troublesome to heal even for her.
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Malik laughed and said, "Injure this body all you want. After all it's your dear little Malik who will take the pain in the end and probably die!" He then sent an energy blast at Lunaria and struck Tawnie once again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChocoboLoverGurl

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:21 pm

This time she answered with a fist to the gut, followed by the back end of the knife to underneath the chin when he was in close. Reaction time seemed like it had increased, but she was able to make her move at the same moment like she knew something nobody else saw. This time she dropped to one knee and gritted her teeth, she was not sure how this happened but she could not give up even if she died. "But if the body is unable to move then you've lost your edge, I'm not afraid of you or anything you can do..." She then waited for the next and possibly final move, hopefully Malik would catch on and try to stop Hades. "Malik, believe in yourself. Your not some pathetic powerless brat, AND YOU KNOW IT!"

Lunaria redirected the lances of energy and then caused them to wrap around Malik's body, linking together to form a chain which crackled with energy her eyes looked at the aura as she pushed her energy against it in an effort to push it down and weaken Hades hold while her chain immobilized him.
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Malik managed to shatter the binds that moment. Blowing Lunaria back he grabbed Tawnie by the throat and smirked saying, "Just die already you pathetic mortal." He suddenly froze and a voice echoed around them saying, "Stop it! Give me my body back you scum bag!" It seemed to be a struggle of who had control as Malik's body seemed to thrash. Grabbing Tawnie that moment he suddenly kissed her and then his body went still. He pulled away and said, "Tawnie I love you and... I'm sorry...." A thud was heard when he collapsed after breaking the link. He was out cold due to his injuries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:38 pm

She did not reply as she just smiled then passed out and collapsed on top of him, holding him tightly. She would have died had there been one more hit, if anything she would have allowed it but knew it was not going to come. "I know you'd respond, I don't know how but I knew it... I didn't say it earlier, though it was obvious." She went quiet and stayed there, going lax due to a lack of strength and the wounds inflicted on her body.

Lunaria released her bindings and smirked, laughing at the fact that he was in love. Killing her might have kileld him, but then she would have sealed him away then for eternity. "Impossible odds, I can't do anything about those myself. So a human huh, thought you hated them. This is gonna be so rich, so truly ironic."
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:32 pm

A couple days later Malik was sitting around nursing his wounds still. He had kept close to Tawnie mainly. And even had set one of the palace dogs on Xanthus for teasing him about being in love with a human. he had finally gotten his memories back and realized where he was after waking up.

Sitting there quietly next to Tawnie's bed reading a book he looked up and saw Xanthus walk in looking like he was out of breath. "Very smart you jack ass. Setting that mutt on me." Said Xanthus. "Best watch your mouth when you speak to me. After all this is my home you're in." Said Malik in a more calm refined voice. "Tch ever since you got your memories back. You been a royal prick. Had a total personality change and become a bully to top that off." Said Xanthus taking a seat.

"Well now that I hold more authority over you I can be the bully and get you back for what you did to me. Let's get this straight. No more bunking with Tawnie at night time either. Got it fur ball nobody touches my woman but me." Said Malik flipping a page in his book. "Please I got bigger fish to fry. Your sister for instance. She's a cute one." Said Xanthus with a smirk. "You fool my sister is set to marry another. She has no time for the likes of you." Said Malik calmly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:48 pm

"I hope you two realize I find this bickering funny, Xanthus if you think it's worth it then sleep on it. Would it kill you if I said this, perhaps Xanthus could help her out in the long run. Nobody would suspect a cat to be anything but what it seems..." She said as she sat up and poked Malik in the side she sliced him teasingly, she was alive and she obviously struck a chord with him. Though Hades was obviously the threat, though power for the sake of chaos and power was nothing more than poison.

"What now, you still able to hack like you used to, call it a hunch but next time we see that ship their going to be firing at us." Her words came out like she knew something he did not, though she'd had a glimpse of it she had no idea when this was or if it was going to happen. Her gut told her it was, so she decided to bring it up.
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Malik smiled and said, "Of course my computer skills haven't been lost Tawnie. I actually had a little fun with our ships special on board systems and tightened the security measures on it. I have a feeling I'll be up against Luke sooner or later. Hacker against hacker battle between mind and wits. This time I won't lose." Said Malik. He then looked at Xanthus and said, "What's with the dorky uniform by the way?" "You should know I've joined your sister's forces. I'm part of her guard now. Nobody suspects a cat." "Say what!" Said Malik. "You heard me." Said Xanthus with a grin.

Back on Tartarus Hades was preparing for his meeting with Starling. He was still mentally drained from having his link cut off so abruptly. "Tis a shame you were slow close to destroying her Hades my darling. What broke the link?" Asked Pandora as she walked beside him. "I had no idea that living link was broken by a mere kiss of someone you love. A blunder on my part but next time I will destroy Gaea. Even if it means going there personally." Said Hades in a dark tone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:15 pm

It was that point she arrived, this time without armor or weapons she was carrying a pistol on her. Having arrived an hour before she spent time preparing her agenda, and preparing for this meeting. As the door to the meeting room opened she entered and sat down, the look on her face was rather disturbed at the news of three missing people from her ship. "I trust he will be along soon, and I insist on keeping my gun for the fifth time...." She said with a glare as the guard waited by the door, this place was truly unique and it looked like someone had broken the planet then put it back together to make it look like a poorly made imitation of what many visualized hell to be like.
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Hades just walked up and took a seat across from her. He waved the guard off and he said, "But sir she's not one of us. You sure you can trust her?" "Any human would be a fool to attack me. Unless they want an instant death." Said Hades calmly. The guard nodded and left. "First off I'd like to inform you that anyone who you are allied with if they're on my enemy list I won't hesitate to destroy them. I don't take any chances. Now you're after the resources on the planet in my control right?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:39 pm

"Precisely and yet at the same time there is more to this, I don't quite like my current contract. So business is business, but first the matter of resources as in order to deal with the second matter I need resources." She said as she placed her hands on the table, and then placed a pda down that had her agenda so that she could see it and free her hands. She was going to seceed and make sure nobody had this sector without a fight, but she needed his backing and she was after all never loyal unless it was worth it.

"So shall we start? I would listen to your proposal first since this is your planet, perhaps it is best." She then sat back and waited, she had a serious look on her face like she was up to something big. If she planned to betray her current employer then she was obviously the kind of human who would not hesitate to kill anyone who got in her way, that or make them follow her through threats if possible. Hades she would talk, power was to be respected.
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:50 pm

"Quite frankly I can care less about money as real power is something I've obtained on my own." Said Hades calmly. Pulling out a contract he said, "You are free to gather what resources you want as long as you serve me in the time of need when I need your assistance. Sign this contract with your own blood if you agree to these terms. That is all I ask" Said Hades as he pushed it toward her with a sharp quill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:00 am

"Money will help me keep everything running, after all what I plan on doing is punishable by death back on earth. If I sign this then my old contract is no loner valid, but there will be repercussions. We all make choices, this is mine." She then poked her finger and then signed it with her blood, though in the end she sighed as if she knew that she was doing what she did every time. The missing crew were troublesome, especially losing Malik to some unknown factor. "I am missing three of my crew, it is safe to presume they've deserted and violated contract."
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:11 am

Hades looked at Pandora who nodded. "Our intelligence has shown reports that they are currently on a planet called Gaea. With my current enemy I'm fighting a war against. In other words your crew members or not they will be dead sooner or later along with that planet. As for Malik he happens to be a relation of the woman whose been fighting me off for the past two centuries. I won't be lenient with them any further. They are considered traitors." Said Hades.

Malik meanwhile was helping Tawnie walk along the hall way. He wanted her to at least get some fresh air and sunshine instead of staying in bed the whole time. "Just a bit more Tawnie then we can rest." Said Malik with a smile. "Need a hand." Said a friendly voice and Malik looked at Helios who walked up. The two of them got Tawnie outside and on a hill where she'd be comfortable. "Thanks I'm really in no shape to be carrying her on my back but I don't think being stuck inside is good for her wounds either." Said Malik with a smile as he too sat down on the grass.

"Oh man it's been five years too long since I set foot on such a planet that felt this good. How you holding up Tawnie. Does it hurt anywhere for you right now MY back is my biggest pain right now." Said Malik. An apple ell off the tree they were under bounced off Malik's head that moment and he looked up to see Xanthus in the tree with his arm full of them. "Fancy meeting you two here." Said Xanthus jumping down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:36 am

"The way you hit me then, I'm lucky I didn't die. Alot of apples, so glad your off that ship?" She replied with trying to forget the fact that she was not doing things on her own, actually getting fresh air was good but she did not care to have people helping her this much. It did not feel right, though right now it worked. "I'm trying to get used to this, it's difficult to understand this. I'm used to actually having something to do, not doing nothing." She spoke as if she was glad to get outside, though it was strange seeing a world like this.

"If that is the case then I'll write them off, and about any corporate fleets I believe they would of use. Battles can be won by force, or by force of will." She had implications in her words that she could use her betrayal as an advantage, to increase the number of ships at their disposal. If she could add to their numbers, then perhaps there could be a greater advantage when it came time to move.
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:31 am

"Yeah I know Tawnie, but trust me the war will come soon enough. I want you to stay out of this feud. If anyone gets to kill Hades. It'll be me.... after all he is our older brother..." Said Malik softly. "What you're telling me that mad man who took over your body is your brother?" Said Xanthus in shock. "That's right and I will make him pay for the suffering he's caused my sister and me." Said Malik his head lowering.

"A family feud for what the sake of starting a war? I've heard wars starting over many things but this is absurd. Innocent lives are on the line here. Was he always this twisted?" Asked Xanthus. "No... it started after our mother and father got killed. He started going down the path to darkness then. At first me and my sister were worried it was just shock because he kept himself locked in his room. It was shortly after that he disappeared. Then it was about fifteen years ago that he started waging war against us." Said Malik.

Hades nodded and took the contract rolling it up before putting it into his pocket. Standing up he said, "Then it's settled. I'll call upon you when the time arises of course. This meeting is done. You're welcomed to stay here as long as you need to."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 4:13 pm

"You know I can't do that, I'm not going to stand by while you fight. I got myself involved, he will try to kill me too." Tawnie stated and looked at Malik, she did not object to him dealing with Hades but she knew that he would have more than just Hades to handle. Looking at Xanthus she sighed, and then realized how powerless she seemed at the moment, even though she really was not able to do much.

"Some things have to happen Xanthus, seriously we're going to probably be involved ourselves. I'm not going to fight it, but I'm sure this won't end util somebody makes a move." She said to Xanthus as she knew it was unavoidable, they had pissed off the wrong power and brought it upon their heads.

--------

"Well then it appears business is concluded, I'll be going back right away. I have stuff to attend to, I am in business and you seek power. We both seek the same thing in a sense, money is power." She said as she got up and then walked away, now all she had to do was manage her matters and bide her time until she could finally make her move which would tip the balance of power.
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Malik sighed and Xanthus said, "I'm already involved from the start. Protecting your sister is my top priority. Chances are that's what will get me killed if anything." Said Xanthus. "Protecting our lady huh? Is that why you're fifteen minutes over your break." Echoed a voice around them and a flicker in front of the tree and another male appeared. He wore the same uniform and has a big smirk on his face. "Oh lovely what brings you here nature boy. You been a thorn in my side because our lady prefers me over you now." Said Xanthus with a grin.

"Shut your mouth you flea bag... If I were jealous you would know. I just don't like you is all." Said the male glaring at Xanthus. "Hayden Xanthus that's enough you two. Just go back to your work and stop arguing around me." Said Malik with an annoyed huff. "Fine I came to fetch him anyways." Said Hayden walking off. Xanthus grumbled and walked after making sure to shove him aside as he walked by him.

The two didn't get very far when a blinding light was seen streaking through the sky. Malik stood up fast as the light came down and struck the ground in front of the two sending an explosion up. Both Xanthus and Hayden not expecting this were sent flying back. Landing by Malik they sat up as the dust cleared revealing two figures.

"Well brother that was a nice landing wouldn't you say?" Asked the man on the right. "Indeed we even have some entertainment right in our prescence it seem." Said the man on the left. "Who the hell are you two?" Asked Xanthus. Both men smirked and the one on the right said, "My name is Theron and this is my twin Thanos. Together we're the messengers of death. But there's not point in telling you all this since you're going to die anyways." "Xanthus get Tawnie out of here now! Hayden you go to my sister! I'll buy you guys time!"

Malik gasped as they both suddenly vanished and he got struck down shielding Tawnie from Theron. Coughing up blood Malik cursed loudly and Xanthus cracked his whip at Thanos who caught it and flung him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Tawnie reached for where her gun normally was and found it missing, in fact she was unarmed as she covered Malik knowing that he was the target. "Xanthus get us out of here, I don't care if Malik objects but we're in danger and I'm not armed!" She said as she threw a rock at the attackers, she had to wait till help arrived before they could get away and neither of them could move.

Lunaria arrived shortly after and lashed out with the long whip she carried, aiming for the feet to send them to the ground. Her weapon was designed for entanglement and fighting without killing, though her tactics were not at times non lethal especially when it came to defending her home. "Hades has gone too far! Haydin do what you must, but block off all access to the palace. These two cannot leave here, these two are going to be staying with us for a while."
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 6:32 pm

Both brothers dodged her whip and Hayden tried to run to sound the signal for the lock down. But a knife went flying from Theron and struck him in his back. He collapsed with a thud in front of Malik and Tawnie. Malik checked his pulse and saw he had been killed. Theron laughed loudly and said, "The fool! Lord Hades will rule over us all one day! Know this death is all that awaits those who oppose to him! Just like what become of your poor friend there!"

Xanthus suddenly got flung and landed next to Hayden's dead body. Sitting up his eyes went wide seeing Hayden was dead. "Damn you!" Yelled Xanthus tears running down his face as he jumped up and went straight at Theron. He got a violent shock though and crashed into the ground. "You idiot! Don't rush in to your death!" Yelled Malik standing up. His sister was currently dealing with Thanos. He had no choice but to fight at the moment. "Xanthus get Tawnie out of here and have them sound the alert for the lock down!" Said Malik pushing the moron toward her.

Xanthus grabbed Tawnie and was fast to run toward the palace with her in his arms. Malik meanwhile just flashed in front of Theron stopping him from following them. Xanthus was out of sight and Malik's fist suddenly flared up as he yelled, "Your ass is going to be fried once I'm done with you!" He punched Theron across the face sending him flying right into his brother. Getting by Lunaria Malik was on the offense the moment both brothers were on their feet. "Tch is that all... Your punches tickle." Said Theron wiping the blood off his lip. "Yeah well that little tickle just sent you flying! I haven't even gotten serious yet!" Said Malik.

Malik smirked heard the sound of large chimes going off through the area that moment and every gate in the area was slammed shut denying all access in or out. "Now then time to take out the trash." Said Malik.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Tawnie had no idea what was going on and as she was moved nothing made sense, all she knew is that someone had been killed and there was a fight. "Xanthus, set me somewhere safe and go help Malik, he's wounded for crying out loud!" She then hoped Xanthus would get the idea and hide her somewhere, so she could be out of harms way. She didn't care whree, just that Malik did not die here.

Lunaria haw Hayden die and made another move to restrain the other, this time she sent those familiar lances of light out in combination with the whip. "Hades is using you, once you have expended your usefulness he will dispose of both of you." She said as she focused on the other brother, and capturing him so that the fight was now down to just one enemy.
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:17 pm

"Don't you think I know that! You're human you can't take very much damage! You need to trust Malik to be able to protect you and live!" Said Xanthus as he was trying to catch his breath. "Besides Lady Lunaria won't let him be killed by the likes of them." Said Xanthus.

Laughter was heard echoing around them as the sky darkened that moment and an illusion of Hades appeared in it. "Nice try my dear sister but they already know that. Am I right you two." "Yes my lord!" Said both brothers at the same time. The binding on the one brother broke free thanks to Hades releasing him. "We know we're simple tools you foolish woman. Yet we don't care!" Said Theron. "Yes as long as we accomplish at least a small amount of something for the sake of Lord Hades we are happy with being tossed aside." Said Thanos.

"Good now finish them you two!" Said Hades before his illusion disappeared. "These guys are crazy... They have no value for their own lives or the lives or others..." Said Malik. Both Theron and Thanos charged at both siblings. Malik got struck trying to block Theron. Landing on the ground he lay there coughing loudly. "Damn it! These guys are strong!" Thought Malik. He rolled out of the way fast and flipped to his feet as Theron stabbed his sword into the ground where he had just been. Thanos meanwhile flashed appearing behind Lunaria.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Lunaria suddenly released a bright flash of light as she was no longer there, however that flash was enough to blind anyone in the area for several seconds. Though that was enough time for her to get the jump on Thanos as she landed on his back with her feet and sent him crashing into the ground where she chained him with the lances of light.

Theron on the other hand found that whip around his throat as he was jerked back and sent into a pillar, causing cracks to appear in it and she let him hit the ground from the top of the pillar he had hit before she bound him in light. Now that they were handled she let everyone else recover, they would be taken prisoner and handled accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Serah
Admin
Serah

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Obviously the capture of the two did not last long as the stay which was still darkened sent down two bolts of lightning hitting the brothers. Both them got struck and turned to ash killed in an instant. Malik who was standing there holding his side gasping for breath fell over with a thud and blacked out.

Two Days Later things were on edge Malik lay in bed still out cold. Xanthus just paced back and forth a rattled mess cursing at how useless he was. "Stop pacing you're driving me crazy." Said Helios with a sigh as he sat there. "Shut up dumb ass! I'm useless I didn't even notice Hayden was killed! Sure I didn't like him but damn it! Way to humiliate me!" Said Xanthus. "Your tears say otherwise. You can't fool me I've been around far longer. You cared for him and there's other ways to grieve then making yourself go crazy." Said Helios with a soft sigh.

He then said, "Why not go check on the other two? Right now our young master need to have his friends and family around him so he can recover." Xanthus just gave a nod wiping away his tears walking out. Going to Malik's room he opened the door and walked in to find Tawnie there by Malik. "How is he...." Asked Xanthus softly as he walked up. Seeing Malik in the state he was in made Xanthus's stomach wretch but he managed to overcome that. And walked over taking a seat next to Tawnie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:08 pm

"He pushed himself too hard, he may be tougher but even he has his limits. I'm sure he knew what he was doing, Malik we have company." She replied to Xanthus and then spoke to Malik after she poked him on the cheek so she would not hit any place he was injured. She was at least doing better now though her sides still hurt, and she really could not sit like this for a long time. A few hours was fine, but she was focused on healing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Between a rock and a hard place   Between a rock and a hard place - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Between a rock and a hard place
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shattered Essence  :: Roleplaying :: Millennium-
Jump to: